Color: Cherokee Purple Heirloom
- CLASSIC VARIETIES: Get the best of our best with Burpee’s “Cherokee Purple"tomato seeds for planting. Each variety is handpicked by our expert team here at Burpee to provide the most complete & successfull tomato gardening experience.
- PICK YOUR FLAVOR: Burpee offers a wide variety of tomato seeds for all your culinary needs. In the mood for a juicy burger? Slicer varieties like our “Cherokee Purple” make great additions to any home-made sandwiches. Our full varieties include: cherry, beefsteak, paste & slicing tomatoes!
- SEED STARTING MADE EASY: Get a successful start on your tomato garden with “Burpee’s "72 Cell Self-Watering Kit”. Our hassle-free kit helps with continuous soil hydration, improves germination and reduces the need for frequent watering. Just sow and grow!
- TIPS FROM BURPEE: Sow “Cherokee Purple” indoors 6-8 weeks before average last frost date using a Burpee seed starting kit. Transplant to the garden 4 weeks after the average last frost date. Harvest in 85 days
- BURPEE PLEDGE: Burpee is committed to providing our customers with the highest quality seeds at germination rates 35% higher than industry standards. All our orders receive special care to ensure healthy seeds are packaged and shipped in good condition of our customers.
Details: This large dark-purple heirloom tomato from Tennessee is rumored to have come from Cherokee gardeners. With its rich, full flavor, it's often compared with Brandywine. The flesh is brick-red & very attractive sliced on a plate. Plants produce large vines that yield tomatoes fully 5" across & 3.5" deep.